[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Diy above tank cannister trickle filter.
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Diy above tank cannister trickle filter.
- From: Keith Brummett <brummett at ds_net>
- Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 09:25:06 -0400
- References: <200305261105.h4QB5xGa017416@otter.actwin.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.0.2) Gecko/20021120 Netscape/7.01
Damian Barton wrote:
> I just wanted to let you know about my 'new' filtration
> setup that replaced my conventional diy trickle filter
> - -overflow, bio-tower and sump- setup.
> The barrel is completely airtight so there is
> no Co2 loss or water evaporation ...
If the system is air-tight prior to the output, then where will
your bacteria get the oxygen necessary for nitrification? I
have a large air pump injecting air into my media tower. Just
wondering if I missed something, here ...