[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Snails
- From: Ed Dumas <eldumas at telus_net>
- Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 23:10:51 -0700
- References: <200305230053.h4N0rfYi002951@otter.actwin.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.0.2) Gecko/20030208 Netscape/7.02
always supplemented with a small piece of cuttlebone (for birds) tied to a
rock. The snails get a little extra calcium from that.
Yes, I did that as well, and found it was partially effective. But the
last time I was in picking up some KNO3, I discovered some calcium
nitrate. I now add a LITTLE of that to bring the calcium on my test kit
to about 20ppm. I also add this seperate of my usual PMDD, because I
heard something about calcium depositing out if left in the PMDD?
Anyway, I have found my Red Ramshorn snails to be growing harder,
thicker, and darker shells. I am pleased. :-)