Re: Snails

> Is it possible to keep snails in an acidic tank, and if not, why don't people
> with infested tanks just lower their pH until the snails are dead?

IMO, it takes quite a long time for the acidity to affect the snails,
especially MTS snails. MTS are very hardy (ask the ones in my backyard;). I
always supplemented with a small piece of cuttlebone (for birds) tied to a
rock. The snails get a little extra calcium from that.  As for lowering the
PH until they're dead: I haven't met a snail yet who fell for that. It seems
like things get bad, you think the only benefit is that the snails are dying
off, then things get a little better and out of nowhere there are a
gazillion baby snails.

JoAnn