RE: Newbie Design (week 2 update)

OMG Flourite Red is nasty stuff.

I thought I had rinsed it "good enough", but what a mess. Carpet, walls,
tank, all splattered and spattered.

The tank looked like it was full of 120g of chocolate milk afterwards. It
dissipated overnight (with the help of two Eheims and two big Emperors), but
the substrate became covered with a thick layer of fine silt which plugged
all the cracks between granules and made the floor look like one smooth
homogenous surface. I tried to vacuum it, but the water quickly became too
cloudy to see again. Plants are arriving today, but I am scared to plant,
because I know it will stir up the mess all over again.

If I let it go, will the fish eventually cause the silt to settle down
further into the substrate, so it isn't so much an issue anymore? Should I
take it all out and rinse it better? If I leave it and plant, will a fine
coating of Flourite dust hurt the plants (other than making them nice and
red, and blocking out some light)?

In other news, St. Patrick's of Texas Brewer Supply in Austin
(http://www.stpats.com) has new 5lb CO2 tanks for $65. Not sure how much
shipping is, but it seemed like a good deal to buy locally.