Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V6 #157 I have a bad case of worms! ; )

In a message dated 5/17/03 7:35:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

> Any ideas on:
>  1) Identifying them (can be described as whitish/ pink up to 4 to 6 inches
>  long... look like the worms on the pavement after it rains down in
>  Houston... not nightcrawlers)

Could be aquatic earth worms, do they have the sections like an earth worm?

>  2) Potential hazards/ benefits they present

They sound like a great way to grow fish food in your tank! Seriously, such
worms provide a valuable service by eating left over food and aerating the
substrate much like terrestrial worms.

>  3) How to manage the population?

Send them to me! I love to have odd critters in my tanks!

>  Thanks very much and have a great green (or red if that is what you are
>  growing) day!

Moon