Re: Glossostigma Query (again)

 Here is my Glossostigma query:
> My field of glosso. is now planted in my 33 gal. tank under a 175 watt
metal
> halide fixture with DIY CO2. The glosso and the gravel around it is
covered
> by a thin layer of slimy pale green algae. The glosso seems to be growing
> under there, which is good, but how do I rid myself of the algae? I have
> heard of blasting the algae with a turkey baster, but I can't see doing
that
> without uprooting a lot of the glosso. Any advice?

Where are your Nitrate level, maybe they are too low? Do you have enogh
water circulation on the glosssostigma area?

Blue greens are colonizers, and they work very well on depleted systems,  or
where is not water circulation (for the same efects, on stagnant water is
very easy to be nutrient depleted)

> Also, I have 15 redline rasboras. I have noticed that they will eat
floating
> bits of algae that fill the water after I clean the glass. I have stopped
> feeding them in the hope that they will begin eating the algae directly
off
> the glosso and gravel. Is this likely?

I dont think so, may be your fishes go to "hunt" the bits believing are
preys

Regards
Antonio Trías