Re:Bummed

>Ed,
>
>Do you belong to a local aquarium society?  That's agreat way to get decent
money for your plants (and
>find some for yourself).  My club is a general one,but there is a good
market for plants that are generally >considered easy (java ferns, crypts,
etc). The only reason I haven't ripped out out all my Vallisneria is that I
>can get $2 a plant in our auctions.
>
>I share or trade away most of the more demanding stuff to people on the
list and so on.  I agree though, >some places don't give you much for plants
  One store wanted to give me 30 cents per val because that's >what they
paid for them.  Never mind that mine were about 3' instead of 4" tall!  I
took some to a different
>place and got $2 per plant.  I suggest you keep looking or find a local
club if you aren't already in one.

>Cavan

Thanks for the input Cavan...  I've learned to cope with my frustration
thanks to all the kind and sincere replies to my rant!!!  Thanks everyone!

I really just needed to get rid of those plants in a hurry.  One of those
things.  I usually have a source for my clippings,  Sometimes it's the trash
bin.... most times not.

There aren't many clubs in my local vicinty.... living in Los Angeles that
has always bewildered me somewhat.  I would love to bring my plants into an
auction from time to time almost as much as I would enjoy purchasing plants
at an auction....  Maybe someday.

Thanks again for your reply.

Ed
i-aquaria.com