Brown/Green Spot Algae

Hi Everyone-

I have a fairly new tank, about 2 months old.  I am getting brown
(Brown Algae I guess) on plant leaves and the filter intake and
outflow.  I am getting decent plant growth, but it is disheartening
to see nice new, green leaves slowly get this brown dusty stuff all over
them.  I am also getting what I'm guessing is spot algae, green in
color on the glass and some leaves.  I am injecting with C02. My
tank is 27 gallons with 72 watts of CF bulbs from AH Supply.  ph out
of the tap is oh 7.4 - 7.6.  dKH out of the tap is 13.
Nitrates are 0.  Lights come on for 12 hours a day.  Right now
ph is 7.0 in tank.  Along with the C02 injection, I dose with
Seachem per instructions.  I have their plant supplement, trace,
iron, potassium, nitrogen, & phosphorous.  I'm keeping them in
business.  I change about 5 gallons of water a week.  About
20%.    Fish load isn't over stocked, but is at
capacity.  So by now you can understand I'm looking for advice on
slowing this brown & green spot algae down.  Do I need to change
more water, am I going too far with nutrients, is there a problem with my
water out of the tap? If I'm not asking the right questions, or if you
need more tank information in order to give proper advice please
ask.  If you think you have some things to suggest I try please
chime in.

Thanks a bunch.

Mike Gothreaux

(Where the crazy coonasses have to have hard water in SW
Louisiana!)

text/html (html body -- converted)
---