[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re:Bummed
- From: Paul Krombholz <krombhol at teclink_net>
- Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 18:16:12 -0500
- In-reply-to: <200305121110.h4CBA5rs020491@otter.actwin.com>
- References: <200305121110.h4CBA5rs020491@otter.actwin.com>
* From: "Ed Tierney" <ed at i-aquaria_com>
I'm so bummed....
During my regular weekly maintenance this past weekend I yanked out one of
the nicest "mats" of Cryptocoryne Wendtii I've ever seen. I thought to
myself.... I'm not tossing this!!! So I brought it down to a LFS. It was
about a foot and a half long and by a good 8" wide. Must have been 30 or
more plants in there, all between 8" and a 12" tall. The store gave $6 in
store credit. I almost felt insulted...............
I know of some aquarium stores in Milwaukee, Wisconsin that would
give you a lot more for that mat of Crypts, but for most of the rest
of the country, $6.00 is about as good as you are going to get.
Blame it on the global economy:-) Think of bringing plants to your
LFS as a charitable act to help spread the planted tank hobby and to
help prevent Petsmart from putting all the little LFS's out of
Paul Krombholz in sunny central Mississippi