[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: 99 SAEs in the tanks 99 SAEs, Take one out and . . .
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: 99 SAEs in the tanks 99 SAEs, Take one out and . . .
- From: "S. Hieber" <shieber at yahoo_com>
- Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 17:52:04 -0700 (PDT)
- In-reply-to: <200305101129.h4ABTQaZ012671@otter.actwin.com>
When Gerry Skau asked why David Whittaker had bought a
hundred or SAEs over the years, Davide replied, in part:
> Initially I bought thirty and lost quite a few due to
> starvation. . .
> SAEs require a fairly high level of oxygen in the water.
> a tank will become overcrowded with plants. On several
> when the tank has been covered, this has resulted in
> in the early hours of the morning when the plants are
> all of the oxygen. . . About twenty are always kept
> available for cleanup in
> eight tanks. . . occasionally one
> finds a jumper
> on the floor.
Like many things in the hobby, it can add up pretty fast.
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.