Re: LFS vs APD wisdom

I think we do promote it, Tom has certainly spoken up about low light,
non-CO2 tanks before. I've always had low-light tanks, well they weren't
considered low-light some years ago :), I think many of us who have been
keeping plants in their tanks for some time started out this way. I guess
you just don't have as many questions to ask when keeping such a tank, most
of the problems and difficulties are related to fast growing tanks where
correct balances of nutriets play a more important role. I agree there is so
much info on fast growing setups today that a beginner might be lead to
believe that they need to have 5wpg to keep live plants. Like Tom said, it
comes down to what your goals are, some of us would go nuts if there wasn't
so much to do to our tanks :-)

Giancarlo Podio