[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Get the red out
- To: Aquatic Plants Digest <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: Get the red out
- From: Ed Dumas <eldumas at telus_net>
- Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 21:11:43 -0700
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.0.2) Gecko/20030208 Netscape/7.02
Tom Barr said:
> Try letting the NO3 drop down a bit more.
> Plants will redden up.
Yes, that does seem to make sense, now that you mention it. The Nitrates
would encourage lush GREEN growth for photosynthesis, and the red, at
least to some extent, is a lack of green. I think that is what I heard
about tree leaves turning orange and red in the fall. Is that right?
Also, would any particular colour spectrums help in encouraging reds? I
was wondering in particular about adding more blue light, like an actinic.
In any case, I will certainly try lowering the nitrates and watch the