Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V6 #144

In a message dated 5/3/2003 7:02:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

> Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 15:58:46 -0400
> From: "Giancarlo Podio" <gp at isaconsulting_com>
> Subject: Re: Lighting question
>
> Jerry I think you have plenty of light. I would check the CO2 level in the
> tank (Biowheels can cause some loss of CO2), having a small fish load you
> might also run low on nitrates, potassium, phosphates and all the other

Giancarlo
  Things are coming along pretty well since I last spoke with you. I mainly
use PMDD but, have started to make it up in separate components. It seems
like I need more trace mix sometimes. Also I will add some kent iron when it
seems like I need more iron. Yes, I have plenty of light 240watts over 55
gallon. My K seems to always stay Hi though. I do water changes weekly. The
only thing I really work at is keep the DIY yeast going at a good rate.
Usually CO2=16 KH 4 pH 7.3. I still have all those other breeding tanks to
try and keep up with downstairs. What a juggling act. I do have a couple
Discus, liberty mollies and cories in the planted tank they seem happy. If
something were really wrong they'd be the first to tell me. I also added some
apple snails, Amano shrimp and MTS to help keep things in shape. Good to hear
from you and thanks for the advice.
                                                      JerryB

multipart/alternative
  text/html