Re: article on fish pain

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 01:22:48PM -0400, Chuck H wrote:

> >Of course we all know that fish can be stressed. And
> >of course, the PETA crowd is all over this.
>
> But I noticed they weren't concerned about the bees which probably lost
> their lives in the experiment.  Don't bees have rights?  As far as I can
> see, PETA is more concerned about donations and self righteous, reactionary
> politics than animals.  Fortunately, their tendencies toward the absurd
> push them ever closer to total irrelevancy.  Extremism accomplishes little.

Irrelevant and extreme they may be, but you're talking about them, aren't
you. And their name pops up alot on this list ... which means their message
and voice is continuing to be heard and noticed. Do radicals care if they
piss you off? Hardly - that's part of their objective! I too sometimes find
them irritating and downright silly, but I do think they're masters at the
PR game.

dan
--
Dan Resler                            email: dresler at vcu_edu
Computer Science Dept.