[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Seachem Prime and Nitrate....
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Seachem Prime and Nitrate....
- From: Greg Morin <greg at seachem_com>
- Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 08:53:45 -0400
- In-reply-to: <200304301034.h3UAYcnS012823@otter.actwin.com>
- References: <200304301034.h3UAYcnS012823@otter.actwin.com>
Ok, I live in an area where they add chloramines to the water. I have
been using Seachem's Prime as my water conditioner but I have always
wondered how much nitrate the Prime is removing from my tank? I dose
nitrate and other nutrients three times a week in my high light tank and do
weekly 50% water changes. I use Prime at the recommended dosage. So just
how much nitrate is the Prime removing?
If you're using the normal dose then not much at all and if you use
only with water changes then I'd say likely none since the majority
of it is reacting with the chloramines.
Gregory Morin, Ph.D. ~~~~~~~President/CEO~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Seachem Laboratories, Inc. www.seachem.com 888-SEACHEM