re: aerial roots

I really don't know if there are nutrient conditions
that prevent aerial roots.

But what you can do is block the view of plants that
have them, through wood or stone, or smaller plants
that don't have aerial roots.

If you look at Amano's photos, these areas that would
show roots are always in shadow, and never seen.  I'm
sure in person, you would see the roots.

In the long run, I think you will find more peace by
accepting the roots, than trying to prevent them. :)

Arthur
http://taopa.com