[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Marine Tank Reply
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Marine Tank Reply
- From: Paul Jarvis <pjarvis at uidaho_edu>
- Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 07:55:01 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
- References: <200304201043.h3KAhsFj004082@otter.actwin.com>
Thank you all for your replies.
I will work on the suggestions you made.
I have thought about building a DIY skimmer. Not sure yet where to find all
of the parts but I have a good start.
We are selling off all of our Koi so perhaps I can buy some live rock.
A few years ago I bought a 100 pound bag of calcium carbonate, it was a
large grit. I used it to harden the water where we lived. The water was
about 30ppm and I was trying to keep african cichlids. I added some Mag.
Sulfate as well. It worked fine.
BTW, Tom what are your qualifications?
I will keep my ears open if you are job hunting.
Assistant Research Scientist
Aquaculture Research Institute
University of Idaho
pjarvis at uidaho_edu
--- StripMime Report -- processed MIME parts ---