Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V6 #121 - catching your own

G'day Tom

Thanks for the enjoyment I get from your contributions. For many years my
most enjoyable experiences in fishkeeping have been from going out to
various places here in Australia and "fishwatching" as well as collecting
various plants , fish, rocks, wood etc to take home to "play" with.

However I urge you to reconsider returning anything to the wild from your
tanks to avoid the risk of inadvertently introducing disease organisms from
aquarium sources to the environment. Instead please consider donating them
to another hobbyist, club member, local aquarium etc who will enjoy them
after you. There is some evidence that diseases from the aquarium trade have
been responsible for local fish, frogs etc being threatened over here.

There is a lot of satisfaction from taking home an almost insignificant
little piece of native marginal plant and seeing it transform into something
spectacularly different with some CO2 and good lighting.

Cheers

Bruce  (Hansen)

President ANGFA Queensland Inc.
Please visit us at www.angfaqld.org.au