Agar

In a message dated 4/11/2003 4:14:01 AM Pacific Standard Time,

> From: "Daniel Larsson" <defdac at hotmail_com>
> Subject: Agar for balls
>
> Where do one get Agar online? If someone knows where to get it in
> Europe/Nordic countries that's even better.

Our lab purchases agar from Doc Frugal.  They have a website for online
shopping, but I don't know if they have any shipping restrictions.

I wonder if you couldn't just use plain gelatin you can get from the grocery
instead of agar?  If not, some Japanese markets might have agar; it comes
packaged as a dehydrated looking brick.  Usually it is plain, but sometimes
artificial color is added to it.  It is used in some Japanese desserts such
as kanten.

Erica

multipart/alternative
  text/html