algae & snail ID request

My 29G tank has been doing great except for this one pesty stringy algae.
Anyone know what it is called?
http://www.fishlinkcentral.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=973

I've been keeping my parameters right where they need to be. I keep this
algae in check by twirling it around a gun cleaning rod and pulling it out,
but it is always slowly growing back. Is there a fish or critter that might
eat it? With diligent pruning, and pulling it out, I can keep the tank
looking great, but would like to eliminate this algae. Any suggestions would
be great.

Also, anyone know what snail type this is?
http://www.fishlinkcentral.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=972

-Travis