[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Help to identify
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Help to identify
- From: Liisa Sarakontu <lsarakon at cc_hut.fi>
- Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 08:47:27 +0300 (EET DST)
- In-reply-to: <200304092008.h39K89ow003724 at otter_actwin.com>
- References: <200304092008.h39K89ow003724 at otter_actwin.com>
> From: Chad Sutton <chadsutton at cox_net>
> Hello all. Could someone help me with the identity of this species?
Uh oh. Looks like you have Leptobarbus hoeveni there. Goes under such
common names as "Siamese Barb", "Siamese Rasbora" and "Mad Barb". Grows up
to 1 meter long and loses that pretty red color. I have seen some 40 cm
long specimens in a local public aquarium.