Re: Copper in food killing Amanno Shrimp?

Andrew Lester said:

> The ingredient lists Copper Sulfate as a main ingredient.
> Copper is
> poisonous to invertebrates such as algae eating shrimp.
> There is always
> left over food that the shrimp eat. The shrimp seem to be
> disappearing.
> Is this a reasonable conclusion?
>
> Spectrum Food by New Life and distributed by SeaChem is a
> great fish
> food. Anyone else uses the Spectrum line of foods (they
> all contain
> Copper) have any problems with Amanno shrimp?

I don't think SeaChem is involved with Spectrum folks
anymore.  Nonetheless, they told me some time ago that the
copper was a trace amount and trace copper is good for many
living things.  I never noticed it hurting my shrimp, even
after using it for a year.  Although they were and remain
as steathy critters can be -- the shrimp, that is, not
SeaChem.

Scott H.