Re: Daily dosing and Seachem products

Thanks to Tom and Giancarlo for their comments.

I guess dosing 2 or 3 times a week is a possibility but I might just
try increasing doses on a daily basis first to see how I go at the
levels Tom suggests for a while before changing the frequency again.
I'm actually finding daily dosing easier than weekly since I dose when
I feed the fish so I'm kind of reluctant to break what's actually
become a comfortable routine. When I was working, I used to do tank
maintenance regularly on a Sunday and dose weekly then which also
worked well, but retirement has meant I've dropped some of my regular
habits and maintenance has actually tended to become a bit more
irregular since I tend to do things when I see they need doing instead
of having to schedule a regular time each week. Daily dosing is fitting
into my new routines quite well.

It seems Giancarlo and I have had different experiences with the Eheim
Liquidoser. I found the device to stop working rather quickly which
surprised me given the usual Eheim dependability which I know well. I
haven't used anything but Eheim filters for years now. Of course, I
think the reason for the Liquidoser's demise in my case relates to the
fact that I accidentally knocked it into the tank and moisture didn't
help it's functioning :-(  No more battery operated devices on an open
tank for me after that. I'm sure it works quite wonderfully provided
you aren't as clumsy as I can be at times.

David Aiken