Re: Duckweed!!!

Rich wrote:

>I have a serious problem with Duckweed.  I got some in some Java Moss I won
>from eBay and didn't really know what it was.  Well now it's taking over the
>tops of two of my tanks.  Is there any way to easily get rid of this crap?
>Any fish that eat it?

Goldfish will eat it.  I got rid of mine by scooping it up with a plastic
cup and pouring it through a "permanent" coffee filter -- basically just a
fine-gauge nylon mesh in a plastic bowl.  A cup with some filter floss and
holes poked in the bottom works okay, too.  Depending on the size of the
tank, you should be able to get rid of it in just a couple of 'scoop and
pour' sessions.  Be sure to shake it out of any plants along the surface or
any other hiding places.
--
Chuck Huffine
Knoxville, Tennessee