Re: adding new plants

"I'm sure this is a very open question, but I'll make
it short.  In general, should it be expected for most
plants which are perfectly healthy to go down (good
leaves degenerate) when put in a new tank?"

That depends on the plant, but it's not uncommon.  If
it was grown emersed, it should put out new aquatic
leaves before long.  Some just need time to adjust (if
grown submersed) and some don't miss a beat.  Nothing
to worry about if everything in the tank is as it
should be.  I've was down to a single stem of Blyxa
before it went nuts and got all over the tank.  Just
give things a bit more time.

Cavan