re: "the algae is back"

Bill,

I don't see that you mentioned how much light you are
using...

It seems to me that you are adding an awful lot of N
and P (esp if that teaspoon is dry material).

I almost NEVER add macros.  Never had to.  And I dosed
micros by deficiency.  That is, I had certain plants
which I knew would be the first to show deficiencies,
and would add when for example their color changed.

Even without adding macros, I was removing buckets of
clippings all the time.  A caveat is that I was
feeding my fish an awful lot (discus), so who knows
how that translates into how many moles of N and P,
etc.

If I were you I would cut back on the N and P, and
observe the plants, while removing algae by hand.

Arthur
http://taopa.com