DIY Pressurized CO2 System Revisited

I know this old news, but, what the hell...I am sure there are some newbies
to the group such as myself who would like this info.

I recently built a pressurized CO2 system with components from the
following sources:

http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=31674124

Micro Matic ProLine CO2 Regulator for draft beer : $36.00 - looks to be
very well made.
Aluminum 5lb CO2 cylinder                                : $64.00 (sold for
$75 by a rather well known CO2 system supplier)

http://www.clippard.com

Locate your local distributor (on the website) for these parts so you don't
have to pay a hefty $10 handling charge on top of shipping to Clippard.

Part Number MNV-4K2 - needle valve with 1/8" ID hose barb fitting and 10-32
thread - $9.90. (Same valve sold by the well known supplier of CO2 systems
mentioned above (one of which I purchased) for $20).

Part Number 15006-3 NP - Adapter to screw needle valve into 1/4" NPT thread
on regulator after removing the included output valve (just unscrew it) -
$5.15 for package of 10 (sorry cannot purchase individual pieces).

Part Number 3814-6 -  1/8" ID CO2 Resistant Polyurethane Hose 50 foot roll
(only sold in 50' or 500') - $17.50 (NOT A DOLLAR A FOOT like the above
aquarium supplier charges).

I use a tetra-tec check valve ($1.49 ) and a 2" ceramic micro bubbler air
stone by Rena [Aquarium Pharmaceuticals] (under $4) bought at Petsmart.  I
use no solenoid and bubble it 24 hours under the intake of my canister
filter.  I have well buffered water so pH swings are not an issue for
me.  I count the bubbles/sec (set at 2) directly in the aquarium before I
attached the airstone.  I've been running it like this for 6 months with no
problem.

Total cost was under $140  (shipping added about $20).   You cannot even
buy their CO2 System Deluxe for under $150 with NO TANK.

---