Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V6 #87

Mark,

It looks to me as though your sword plant is merely adapting to life
underwater.  From what I can see from your pictures it looks like the leaves
which are turning brown and dying are the emersed version.  It's natural and
normal for this to happen, just trim them away if you feel the need.  The
sumbersed leaves on that sword, Echinodorus bleheri I think, should be long
with a shorter stem than the originals.  An iron and calcium pill placed at
the base of your sword plants wouldn't hurt with new growth either.

Best,

Phil Edwards
Charlotte, NC
www.aquacharlotte.com