Re: Flourite, etc. in AU

> Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 18:49:33 +1100
> From: "LiFe" <LiFers at optusnet_com.au>
> Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V6 #85
>
> How do I get this off Digest and onto normal mode?

Digest is the normal (and only) mode.  Or you can read the messages on
the list at <http://fins.actwin.com/aquatic-plants>

[snip]
> Browsing the web I discovered the world of Flourite. I would like to know
> what is the best substrate for me. Criteria:
> 1) Long lasting, No fuss!
> 2) Excelent plant growth without problems effecting the water
> 3) Not unreasonably expensive.
>
> The problem with flourite is that it is illegal to import biological things
> into AU (including gravel, dirts and clay) without a permit, so they want to
> charge me $90 for a 7KG bag (which is hillariously unfunny) so I was
> thinking of getting my uncle who is on holidays in the US for another few
> days, to pick up some flourite and post it to me.

Have you checked with AquaZoo?  Send a note to info at AquaZoo_com.au and
see what they recommend.  There might be a similar product available to
you without the import hassle. Disclaimer: I don't know anything about
AquaZoo except they are in OZ.

Good luck, and best regards,
Bob

--
Have a Windows® computer that is powered on for hours at a time?  Join
the search for a cure for cancer: http://grid.org/projects/cancer/