Re: Black Brush algea

Try getting rid of all organic dead stuff in the tank. That includes the
wood, that you said was gone:

"Now I have no wood in the tank and treated both wood and rocks in a
chlorine bath."

But then you said:

"I would prefer the green algea accumulate on the wood but can't seem to get
that to happen."

Get phosphates to a barely registrable level on a cheap test kit, like
Seachem's.

If you are using anything like Discus Buffer in the tank, don't. Those
buffers are phosphate based and cause BBA to prosper. Better yet, don't
do -anything- to your tapwater before adding it to the tank, as long as the
addition is 20% or less of tank volume. Then adjust CO2 to get to around
20-30 ppm. Grow plants and keep fish that will prosper in the resulting
water. Use hydrogen peroxide in a syringe to kill the BBA in the meantime
(it takes a day or so for it to react).

TW