Wet Leaves and Dry Leaves (was: Submergent/emergent)

>last summer, I planted an Ozelot sword submerged in a pot of water
>outside.  It actually produces at least 2 different submergent leaves.
>One under the fluorescent lighting in the aquarium, and another in full
>sunlight.  I believe it too stopped producing submergent leaves once it
>had emergent leaves.  But it didn't produce leaves that came up out of
>the water, they just floated, more like lilly pads.
>
>I planted one of the plantlets in a pot, with no standing water, and put
>it in a sunny windowsill, it grows a leaf type very similar to the
>bright sunlight submergent leaf, only a little stiffer.  It's blooming too.

Thought I'd post a picture of that emergent ozelot sword, now that it's
started a blooming cycle.  It's also producing a much sturdier emergent
leaf since I posted the original message.  The two different leaf types
show in the picture.

http://groups.msn.com/rsfish/stuff.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=96