Re: greensand as substrate?

Hi Chazz,

I know that greensand is used as an organic source for potassium. Makes your
question kind of interesting! How about doing a search on other minerals
contained in it and if there isn't too much copper or other potentially
dangerous elements go ahead and try it?

A quick APD search shows that it was considered as a substrate for killifish
tanks but was kind of abrasive. Only other comments were that it was
difficult to rinse clean.

Kathy in southern Calilfornia

>A local salvage store has greensand for what seems to be a
reasonable