Bio-Spheres

Last year I nearly bought one of these Bio-Spheres from the local Discovery
Store, did anyone buy one of these spheres? If so I have always been curious
just how long it actually lasts. I remember they were rather expensive
(approx $200) and haven't seen them since. This site is the only thing I can
find on them:

http://www.beachworld.it/old/eng/index-e.html

I'd buy one if I knew that their claims were indeed real (can live for
several years) but the doubt kept me from buying one back then. They looked
great. Does anyone have one of these or have any opinions on them? Could
they really sustain life for more than 4 years without water changes,
oxygen, nutrients etc...

Regards
Giancarlo Podio

PS. I was reading the description for the "Antquarium" and couldn't help but
think what the PETA people would think about these products.