Plants for Cichlid

I have read lately that a Pike Cichlid likes to live in a tank with live
plants.
I guess they hide in them and wait to ambush their food, anyways I'm
upgrading my
tank from a 55 to a 90 gallon so I now have this 55 gallon tank and I would
like to put something aggressive in it (it's been a while since I had a big
mean
fish I just thought it would be kind of cool to get something big and nasty)
So I was thinking if I can get one of these fish and still have some
live plants it might be the best of both worlds But I am not so
sure which varietys they would like.  Any ideas or suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt W.