RE: Prime

>Every once in awhile the Office of Tbey comes out with a recommendation
>to avoid a water conditioner that binds heavy metals because it will
>interfere with the fertilizers added to the tank. I'm trying to
>determine if this is true or not--or at least if it applies to Prime. I
>guess I can assume from your reply that you don't feel this is an issue,
>but a little clarification would be helpful. I guess it would help me to
>understand what "detoxify any heavy metals" means and how it does or
>does not affect the heavy metals in your fertilizers.

The "heavy metal precipitation" effect is operative at removing only
very low levels of heavy metals... however since heavy metals such as
lead and mercury are already present at very low levels in tap water
normally they are typically completely removed. Metals like iron are
present in much, much greater concentration than those trace heavy
metals thus the removal of iron is nonexistent to negligible. Even
with the trace elements that are dosed the level on most is high
enough that the effect there is negligible too. For those that might
be more significantly affected, just one dose of Flourish or Flourish
Trace after a water change that employs a product such as Prime would
immediately restore anything that might be lost.

-Greg Morin