Emergent growth

Since no one else seems to be helping, I guess that my reply will have to
do
until someone who actually knows what they are talking about replies. :-)

The underwater leaves will not turn into emersed form. I have some Rotala
rotundifolia in my tank that periodically grows out of the water, and the
submerged leaves stay the same. Some plants may just drop their
underwater
leaves outright, but those plants drop their bottom leaves regardless of
whether the top is above water.

William
http://equarium.tripod.com

> When a plant is growing half in the water (wet leaves) and half
> above the
> water (dry leaves), do all the leaves change to the above-water
> form? Or do
> the ones under water stay in their wet form? Or do the ones under
> water fall
> off, leaving ugly bare stems?
>
> Rachel

Only $9.95 per month!