RE: Water conditioner problem??

Hi Mark,

Last water change was the previous saturday, none of the fish are gasping
and the plants are pearling which would lead me to believe O2 levels are
good. I vacumed the gravel two weeks ago (I do that monthly).  I'm wondering
if the change in metal concentrations caused some sort of shock to the
cichlids, perhaps too much iron? I did not change the daily fertilizer dose,
perhaps seeing AmQuel does not bind certain metals I should have taken that
into consideration and reduced dosing?

BTW the local breeder I buy my dwarf cichlids from said he has used AmQuel
and never had problems with it. Hopefully things are as I left them this
morning (no more deaths), I guess there is little I can do at this stage, I
don't want to add any new cichlids in there until I have a better idea or
I'm sure everything is back to normal, the other fish appear to have
suffered less from whatever caused this and I have no intention on
performing any new test with water conditioners. I guess I have a large
bottle of AmQuel up for grabs.

Thanks
Giancarlo Podio