Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V6 #66

Aquatic Plants Digest wrote:

>Aquatic Plants Digest   Wednesday, February 26 2003   Volume 06 : Number 066
>

>In this issue:
>
>	Re: Anti siphon holes in Filter return lines -- or How low can you go?
>

>>would you not want that small hole below the water line ?
>>

>Hey, good point, Rick!

Just to add my two cents worth, I use a check valve inline with my hoses
to the tank in case of power failure, pump failure , etc.
They are available in pvc at most hardware stores in various sizes. It
is basically a one way valve assembly, spring loaded to a certain
pressure or
gravity actuated so that water flows in one direction under pressure,
but cannot return in the opposite direction. If the flow is stopped for
any reason
only that water from the check valve to the source pump will return, not
the entire contents of the tank or even part of the level of the tank. I
have found
 these to be lifesavers as well as avoiding any chance of overfilling a
sump or catch basin.
Walt

multipart/alternative
  text/html