Re: How much light is reflected by a glass cover?

>All told, I expect a clean cover glass to waste maybe 25% of the useful
>energy, so it is pretty significant. [Unfortunately, my fish are all
>killies, and air just doesn't keep them in the tanks. :-)]

I wonder if a wire mesh would be a better option. I've been thinking
about removing the glass but two things bother me[using powercompact
strips]:
1) Water splashing on hot tubes could cause failure.
2) Strip light accidentally getting knocked into the tank.