RE: VERY cloudy Water, Part 2 (The saga continues)

The growth in the fog looks great from the pics, so I'd guess ammonia?
plants would use it to grow and algae wouldn't...or something from the wood.

In a normal situation with a biological filter I would say its a new tank
and probably has high ammonia...but I'm not sure it works the same in a
planted tank.

That said, the wood you added, did you leech it for a month or so in a tub
of water before you put it in the tank?  Was it wet or dry when you found
it?   It could verywell not be rotting but leeching (or rotting?).  I would
replace it with a suitable piece of driftwood or something aquarium safe for
sure.

In either case, I would think water changes would help.

Best of luck,
Mark