Re: Stunted growth - Algae growth

The plant shown is not Eichornia diversifolia.  I am not sure, but
perhaps it is an Ammannia species. As far as the appearance of the
plant, I suspect magnesium deficiency.  The hairy algae looks like
the same species as the moundy algae.   I doubt that curing the
deficiency will make the hair algae go away.  Perhaps getting the
tank more crowded with plants will at least suppress it more.
--
Paul Krombholz in pleasant central Mississippi, drying out a bit
after recent rainy days.