Re: Hygrophilia Experience

In a message dated 2/18/03 5:42:09 AM Pacific Standard Time,

> Today I removed some of those for another new tank.  I pulled one out and to
>
> my surprise out came another and another and another. . .   They were
> joined
> by subsurface runners, looking for all the world like chain swords
> (although
> the leaves were a lot different).  None had any internodal shoots.
>
> I can't find a reference to this behavior in Kasselman.   Would
> insufficient
> light cause it?  The tank has 2 WPG but the tubes are also old.
>
> BTW, if it stayed at this size it would make a pretty good foreground
> plant.

Well, Bill, Heaven knows I'm no plant Guru, but I've had the same thing
happen (fluorescent tube in that tank was WELL over a year old LOL), but I
moved those puppies to another 10G and, as you say, it is a wonderful
foreground plant.  Now, if only I could figure out how to use this new HP
camera, I'd show everyone :)

Growing old is inevitable . . . growing up is optional!

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---