Re: Nice MH pendants

> From: Michael Eckardt <mike at odg_com>
> Subject: light pendants
>
> Since we're talking about lights ...
>
> Ever since I discovered The Optimum Aquarium 12 years ago, I have been
> dreaming about an open aquarium with hanging lights. But all I can find
> here in Canada are the black, ugly, street-light sized pendants from
> Hamilton(?) - a far cry from the white or cream colored, counter balanced,
> good looking lights in TOA. I found that Dennerle used to have something
> nice looking too.
>
> To my question: With an open aquarium, which pendants do you use? Are there
> any that can hold PCs? Or will I be required to go for 125 W metal halides?
> Anything nice looking out there?
> Currently, I have a 40" long tank with a semi-open wood hood and a 96W PC.
> I think I may need two or three pendants.
> Any ideas?
>
> Michael Eckardt

http://www.elights.com/maxrefgrowli.html
See which you'd want.

They have a single 250 which would look nice as those HQI small low profile
lights.
Cheap too. You can get 250w iwasaki 6500K bulbs cheap.

The 100w would be neat for a small 2 ft long tank etc. Only 115$ for a nice
MH pendant.

There's other places that sell similar systems that sell hydroponics/indoor
gardening. Should be a number there in Canada that will sell a number of
different set ups.

Regards,
Tom Barr