Re: Shrimp

> Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:16:12 -0500 (EST)
> From: nplummer at duke_edu
> Subject: Cherry Shrimp in North Carolina
>
> I would love to get some Cherry Shrimp (Neocaridina denticulata) for my
> tank, but I have not found a local source in central North Carolina.  Is
> there anyone in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area who would be
> interested in sharing the cost of shipping on an order of shrimp?  I'm
> thinking of going with http://www.franksaquarium.com since they have a
> wide selection.
>
> Nick

I, too, lusted after a few of these pretty little critters, but was
unwilling to underwrite the cost of shipment from the on-line suppliers.
So, on a chance, I called Skipton's, one of several LFS's in the Boston
area, and asked if they could order some.  They called me back the next
day and said that they'd ordered a box of 100, which will be here next
week.  They also said the price would be $4 apiece, which is the same
price as at Frank's Aquarium -- but with no shipping charge.  So, you
might try to see if a local LFS will do the same.

John T. Fitch
Web Site: www.fitchfamily.com/aquarium.html