Re: KNO3 dosing

Are these pellets just pure KNO3?  I find it amazing that they take
so long to dissolve.  I have a bottle of pure KNO3 (I'm a biology
grad student so I have access to chemical suppliers) and when I add
the powder straight to my tank most of it dissolves before reaching
the gravel.  Even when a solid chunk gets put in my tank it never
takes more than 1-2 minutes to dissolve.

I guess I'm just wondering if they add something to bind the KNO3
together.  And if so I wonder if it is so good that it holds it
together for ridiculously long periods of time.  Anyway I'd second
the crush and dissolve in hot water method in your case.

-Kyle

--
Kyle Williams
kyle at onebox_com - email