Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V6 #50

Rich, sounds to me like you have an air leak somewhere. If you take the cap
off the soda bottle and plug the air tube with your finger does the bubbling
stop after a miinute or so? If not then it's a leak. I use the duetto for
the same purpose on one of the tanks and have found that there can be some
leaks where the hard tubing goes into the filter itself, try to submerge the
filter a little deeper to see if that helps. When I setup a new bottle it
does take a little to stop bubbling because the duetto is actually sucking
the CO2 out of the bottle instead of letting the pressure build up. The
first time I used it I was concerned that it could possibly deform the
bottle making it tip over and then sucking everything into the tank. Luckily
that wasn't the case. Are there any air bubbles in the filter media itself
of the duetto? You could be drawing air out of the water itself if the
filter media is  getting clogged, this has happened to me in the past and
the duetto keeps bubbling but you can see the bubbles forming in the clear
plastic media container.

Hope that helps

Giancarlo Podio