Re: Looking for filter

Kristian wrote:

>I'm looking for a good filter for a 29g tank.  Is the Eheim 2231 a good
>choice?

Well, you can't go wrong with Eheim.  I have both the 2213 and the 2215 on
29 and 30 gallon tanks.  The 2213 will work well.  You'll get a turnover
rate of about 3-4x per hour depending on the media used and how dirty it
and the hoses are.  A 2215 will give you a turnover rate around 5-6x per
hour and more media capacity.  On either filter, you can install a ball
valve on the _output_ hose to adjust flow.  If you want to use the filter
as a CO2 reactor, I suggest that you don't use the media basket.  Use of
the basket seems to encourage "burping".  YMMV.
--
Chuck Huffine
Knoxville, Tennessee