Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V6 #41

For used aquariums in Houston, try Aquarium Environments (713- 528-1063),
the parent company of Village Tropicals. I saw a new 125 gallon tank with a
pine cabinet, glass tops and lights for $700 at Village Tropicals. I've also
seen a new 125 Ocean View on a pine cabinet for $450 at another fish store
locally, but I'm not sure where, could've been Houston Aquatics
713 -861-2943 as I just visited them for the first time recently. The
classifieds don't have much typically, unless you want an entire very
expensive saltwater set up, though there is a 90 gallon listed for $500,
complete, 281-989-6246. You might also pick up the Greensheet and the
Thrifty Nickle at the grocery store. There area few online for sale groups
also.

Ann V

> Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 12:59:04 -0600
> From: "Lance Krueger" <Lance at LanceKrueger_com>
> Subject: Houston, TX- Inexpensive Aquariums- New or Used.
>
> I will be in the Houston, TX area this next weekend, and wondered if there
are some inexpensive places to buy a few aquariums to finish out my
fishroom.  I'm looking for a 125-150 gallon (72"x18" footprint) aquarium and
a couple of 55's (48"x13" footprint).  I have heard City Pets has pretty
reasonable prices on new tanks.  Any places in the Houston/Katy area that
might have better prices?  I would also be happy with good quality (i.e.
Oceanic, Universal, All-Glass, etc.) used tanks if they were cheap enough.
Where would I find these?  I thought I'd check out the Houston Chronicle
classified ads, but didn't know if there were any other outlets I haven't
thought about for used tanks.
> Thanks,
> Lance Krueger
 to ftp.actwin.com in /pub/aquaria/aquatic-plants.