Re: spot algae

> >> Has anyone on this list fought spot algae and *won*???
> >
> >Yes.
> >Regards,
> >Tom Barr
>
>Wow, everything I ever wanted to know about eradicating
>
>spot algae in one word.

Well, technically he DID answer the question that was asked ;-)

Got a little laugh out of that one...

BTW, I've also won the battle against the spots. Some scrubbing and
persistence clears the problem initially, nutrient balance keeps it away.
I've never tried to pin spot algae on any particular nutrient excess, but
for me it seems to be a general "something's amiss" indicator that isn't
very particular. Haven't had a problem with it in years so I haven't put a
lot of thought into it.

         -Bill
Waveform Technology
UNIX Systems Administrator