FW: Confusion/questions on dosing Seachem Nitrogen...

Directions state:

"DIRECTIONS: BEGINNER: Use 0.51 mL (dispenser enclosed) for each 80 L (20
gallons*) twice a week. EXPERT: The beginner dose raises nitrogen by the
same degree that 0.450.90 mg/L nitrate would. This dose is sufficient to
provide approximately 4 g of growth (dry) or about 20 g (hydrated) over a 1
month period (assuming all other necessary nutrients are provided). For
increased growth use proportionately more. To target a specific nitrogen
increase, dose according to the following formula: 0.25vn=m, where v= volume
of tank in gallons*, n=desired nitrogen increase (for a desired nitrate
increase use a factor of 0.05 instead of 0.25 in the formula) and m=volume
of product to use in mL. For example to raise 20 gallons* by 0.20 mg/L
nitrogen you would use: 0.25*20*0.20=1 mL. (For 2 & 4 L containers, 1 capful
is 10 mL)."

Now, onto my problem and where the confusion arises...

I want to keep approximately 5ppm of N available for plant intake.

According to my estimates, should I use the beginner dosage in my 50G (55G -
estimated gravel volume) tank, I would add about 2.5ml twice per week. Or as
I read it the beginner dose yields almost 1ppm of available N (added twice
per week) - hardly anywhere near a sustained level of 5ppm.

Drawing a straight line from here (the beginner dose) to get a 5ppm N would
mean I would add 5x this amount, or 12.5 ml (assuming of course that N
depletes over the week or at water changing time) twice per week, or 25 ml
per week.

IF I follow the "Expert" directions, to reach a 5ppm of available N, I would
use the formula:
0.25vn=m - For my tank and 5ppm desired N this reads

0.25 x 50 x 5 = 62.5 ml initial dose.... Wow, am I glad I bought the 2L
bottle!!!

And 12.5ml (or 25ml using the 2x dose per week) is quite a ways from
62.5ml... Does anyone have any practical experience dosing this stuff
(assuming a medium-heavily planted tank...).

TIA,

- Jeff